Saturday, January 20, 2007

Pathfinder (Review)



Karl Urban....remember him? The dude in LOTR : 2 Towers which insulted a dwarf. Ok so...not all of us watched the movie or is an avid fan. But LOTR Trilogy was really good. Pathfinder? Hmmm..... The tag line goes "Two Worlds, One War. The Ultimate Battle Begins." And it is a battle alright....a battle in my mind with the nagging question "Why have a movie with Red Indians and Vikings?". That does not make sense....unless I might have missed something in my lifetime thus far.

It is rated as 18SG....well....to me the censorship board here is always a bit off when it comes to rating. But....violent it is. But not really 18SG violent. Like I mentioned....It's Red Indians against Vikings. And the story is so called a legend. Where from I have no bloody idea. The script must have been like only 10 pages thick because there is no decent dialogue at all. It's slash, whack, groans and shrieks and galloping horses....urmm.....slash, whack, groans...baah~! You get the idea don't you?
I was expecting something like Braveheart. Or at least The Patriot. But it was really low man....even my girlfriend slept right thru a whole scene while I nearly dozed off if not for some dumb girls as king stupid questions about the movie to each other.


Anything good about the movie? Well it makes you feel bloody cold....as it only rains and snows and rains and snows....like duh~! Ok so fine that was not so good...let me find another...urmmm. Slashing vikings? Well ok.....perhaps not that, how about Karl Urban's acting....errr....not much on that except for the exceptional sword skills.










Really...I don't really have anything good to say about it. It's practically a blind no holds barred slasher movie of Red Indians and Vikings. Which again like I have mentioned....where is the sense in that? Need a rating? Half a star...bad cast...no story...effects are only just so.




No comments: