Monday, July 2, 2007

Transformers (Review)




Our favourite cartoon is brought to life on the silver screen. As how I used my imagination when I was a kid playing with the toys mocking a battle the scenes are well above that. But all has been said and done in other reviews of this movie....I have to say it fell way short in terms of depth of story line. I would rather watch the original animated movie when Hotrod became the new leader of the Autobots in the end.

Nothing can be said against the super animation and attention to detail is beyond words. You have to watch it for yourself. Although not true to the original cartoon the characters robots did show some character that sets them apart. Just one thing...Allspark?? What happen to Energon? I am a purist when it comes to classic cartoons of the 80's and 90's. Why did they have to change a lot from the original?

In my judgment, if Transformers did not exist in the eighties and the movie premiers this year I would say it will be totally mind blowing. But what I think the producers wanted is simply to cash in on a classic. Which is simply ripping off.

Let me warn you...those who watched the cartoon and is very loyal to it you will be disappointed. To those who loves the marvel of CGI and see your childhood Hasbro toys come to life this is your cup of oil or tea. As for me I did enjoy it very much but only to an extant. Sound effects is top notch...storyline and plot...the build was good the pace was good but it is a bit shallow with the S7 or some shit like that.

I figure there well be a sequel...I hope when it does come out it would have a more compelling storyline and a better script. Rating?? 3/5....Decepticons rule~!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, one thing you should know is Hasbro gave 100% creative control to Dreamworks Studios. thus the new robots (redesigned Frenzy) and their backstory.

As for the AllSpark, here's some tidbits:

The term "AllSpark" was created by writer Robert N. Skir, and first appeared in a July 21, 1999 web page when responding to a fan question about the TV series Beast Machines. He explained that the Beast Machines entity called The Oracle was actually the AllSpark, consisting of "the spark of every transformer who has ever lived, or ever will live".

A lot has happened, canonically.

Just like in the Marvel Universe. you can't simply based an observation on a point in time and view..

writers come and go, leaving their legacy (changes here and there)...

Anonymous said...

Salaaam. Autobots transform!!! hehe this is nice movie, the best among cartoon to real movies. Only our fren up there is true about a little changes in their appearance.

Meway they're still nice to watch. Have a nice days ahead :)